Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rest in peace, Toby.

Today, I found out that my dog passed away. 
My mother didn't want to tell me because I'm 6 hours away 
and she rather tell me when I come back home
but there was something inside of me that felt that something was horribly wrong
so I confronted her and she confessed that Toby had passed away last sunday. 
February 19, 2012. 


See what happened was that we rented a house
but we weren't allowed to bring him
so my father gave him to his worker so she could watch over him temporarily. 
Toby fell in love with her and her dogs and all was well.
But on sunday, Toby got a bit curious
and he dug under a fence and crawled into the next door neighbor's yard.
The dog next door was very territorial. 
He was also 3x the size of Toby.
So he attacked Toby and bit him hard on the neck. 
The owner of the big dog tried to protect Toby and hovered over him
but the big dog bit the owner just to get to Toby.
In the end, Toby couldn't handle his injuries
and he passed away. 



I think what upsets me the most is that I couldn't be there for his last moments.
And that he spent his last moments in pain.
That's not the way I wanted him to go.
He still had so many years ahead of him.
He should have died an old dog with tons of kids
peacefully with me at home.

[Toby helping us pack while we were moving]

He was my first dog.
I got him when I was in the 4th grade. 
I grew up with him. 
I honestly feel as if I just lost a family member. 

[Toby playing with my webcam features :D]



Rest in peace
Toby.

I love you.

xoxo
Rosie Anna

5 comments:

  1. That is the same way my cat died :( jumped a fence and the dog next door attacked her. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Toby looks like a beautiful little doggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about Toby... such a cutie pie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful dog, I'm sorry for your loss
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @kirsten aw I'm so sorry for your loss:(

    @thevanity thank you and he was really cute, i love his kind of breed but since they look so similar, not sure if I want to get another dog. Might remind me too much of him and I might start comparing :S

    @Emma thank you<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear! As a dog owner and lover, I can't even imagine the pain you're going through. <3

    ReplyDelete